In order to improve, be content to be thought foolish and stupid... -Epictetus

Monday, May 24, 2010

2 Weeks in the Bag/Dos Semanas en la Bolsa

We started intensive study and "The Contest" 2 weeks ago. I studied 14.58 hours in the first 2 weeks of the contest. The husband has studied 11.18 hours. I am winning.
It may be temporary but it feels nice for now!

Honestly, I think the total time I heard and practiced speaking Spanish in the last week (over 11 hours) made a difference in the amount that I "thought" in Spanish. For the longest time I felt that I had some kind of "recall" issue. :) Pathetic, I know. If I saw or heard a word in Spanish, I could come up with the English translation but I often had a very difficult time coming up with a Spanish word when I wanted to use it. What do you know? It was a matter of learning the words BETTER. I simply didn't know the information well enough. Now my vocabulary is very small but I really KNOW what I know. I can use it.

I've added a few tools to my arsenal. I'm listening (occasionally) to Pimsleur Spanish CD's in the car. I found a website, 123teachme.com that has been kind of fun. AND, I've added a ton of new decks to my kaka flashcard program (on my phone). It's never been easier to squeeze a few Spanish minutes into my day!

No comments:

Post a Comment