In order to improve, be content to be thought foolish and stupid... -Epictetus

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Donde a Estado Yo?/Where Have I Been?

Where have I been? Out of town. Last week my studying was pretty pathetic. I worked a lot then went out of town for a conference. I guess sometimes those weeks just happen. My studying this week has only been slightly better but I have a few days left so maybe I can pull out a win. We'll see. As far as The Contest totals for last week, I'll try to post them soon.
While a couple of weeks ago my confidence in speaking Spanish was boosted, last week I was cut back down to size. I spent the long weekend attending a conference in a city that had a plethora of Spanish speakers at my disposal... just waiting, I am sure, for me to speak some Spanish. I couldn't do it. Ugh, I would try to think up something to say that wouldn't result in them replying back something I wouldn't understand and I COULDN'T THINK OF ANYTHING! Back to the drawing board, hey? Actually, I think the confidence I gained a couple of weeks ago came because that week I studied so much. Last week, before my trip I studied very little. I think I need to go back to immersing myself in the language as much as possible. Funny how different a week or two can be, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment