In order to improve, be content to be thought foolish and stupid... -Epictetus

Thursday, May 13, 2010

Tools/Instrumentos

My tools (so far) for learning Spanish are:



Rosetta Stone Latin America Edition (I'm currently on Level 2)



SpanishPod Podcasts (Via iTunes) Listening/Repeating



Babelfish Translator on my Android Phone


Book: Treasury of Children's Classics (English/Spanish)

Learning 1000 most frequently used Spanish words via KAKA Flashcard Program from the Android Market, as well.



White board on my refrigerator to write notes (in Spanish) to the husband (who is also learning Spanish)






Do you have any thing else to add?






2 comments:

  1. Great Idea!!!! Sounds like you guys are going to have some fun times:) LOL:) Jyri and I set aside 2 hours every night where we only speak finnish to each other (we increase it my 10 minutes every week.) Sometimes it seems like I'm acting like a mime or a caveman because I CAN'T use english and I need to act out what I want or need.... but it really helps, I PROMISE!!! At first you use little words and you tend to sound like a baby... but then weeks go by and before you know it, you've created sentences! You're kids will pick up really quickly too if you talk to them! Good luck!!!!!! I'm excited to see how you guys do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha, ha! Katie, in the past we tried to do "Spanish 5 Minutes" and we ended up not talking every time! Definitely something we should reinstitute. I like the idea of adding time every week! I'm following your blog now. I love your cute stories. Very inspiring!

    ReplyDelete