In order to improve, be content to be thought foolish and stupid... -Epictetus

Saturday, May 22, 2010

Lo Siento./I'm Sorry.

Lo siento. I know it's been a while since I last wrote. I was sick (Yo Estaba enferma?). Then I was very busy (muy ocupado). But something exciting did happen! I went home to visit family. Do you know what that means? I got to practice Spanish with people who actually know it... and know me! AND, they only made fun of me a little bit!
It was pretty interesting. I had asked my dad to teach me some Spanish and he referred me to my cousin, whom he said knows more than he does (He calls his Spanish more "Spanglish" than hers). I sat for a bit with her and her mom and my aunt's boyfriend (who is also working to learn Spanish). Fun! I made mistakes. They corrected me. He made mistakes. They corrected him. We laughed a lot. Since they actually appreciated that I was making an effort to learn I didn't feel so embarrassed. I think this was the first time I've ever spoken the language and not felt stupid... and it's not because I know it now. It's because I'm really trying and I'm okay with being corrected! This is a milestone, right?

1 comment:

  1. Big milestone!!! Keep it up...before you know it you'll be speaking spanish in no time!

    ReplyDelete