In order to improve, be content to be thought foolish and stupid... -Epictetus

Thursday, May 13, 2010

We're Having a Contest!

The husband and I are trying to learn Spanish together. His motivation is a Spring Break trip he is taking with students next year. They'll be going to Mexico, providing medical treatment in a "compound". My motivation is not so precise. I just want to learn it.

Anyway, healthy competition is good sometimes, right? We are going to log the number of hours we spend studying. The person who logs the most hours wins. Unfortunately, it isn't going to be a good measurement of how well we are learning. We couldn't agree on a system for that! But it is something. Honestly, right now he is totally creaming me. He studies all the time! Just yesterday he starting trash-talking (in English... what does THAT tell you? :) ), talking about how he is going to win and it's going to be something BIG... No, we hadn't yet decided on what the winnings would be. Now that there is the possibility of me winning something "BIG"... I might just kick it up a notch!


Gotta go study!/Tengo que ir a estudiar!

No comments:

Post a Comment