In order to improve, be content to be thought foolish and stupid... -Epictetus

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

¿Se ha acabado?/It's Over?

Officially, the contest is over. Which, I suppose, means the summer project is over.
I don't want it to be over so I am going to keep going! When it comes down to it, I won the contest... by a landslide! Now, I wish I would have studied more some weeks but we did "ok". Over the 10 weeks I studied for a total of 91.61 hours.

Overall, I know that I understand and can speak Spanish better than I ever have before. I still have so much work to do but I'm happy I've had such a nice springboard into the language. It's depressing when I turn on the radio or the television and still have such a hard time catching what is being said. BUT, I know I'll get nowhere if I give up... so I won't give up!

I took a test from the local community college continuing education department. According to the test I can sign up to take intermediate Spanish II or Conversational Spanish II. That's cool, huh? I'm going to try to take one of those classes this semester and try to take a "for credit" class next semester. We'll see how it goes. In the meantime, I think I'll try to keep up the blog... better than I have been :) It helps me remember to study/practice when I feel like "someone" is watching.

No comments:

Post a Comment